With a history spanning almost 175 years, First Baptist Church of Pella, Iowa, is a place you can belong, a place you can serve, a place to heal.
What to expect
- Dress is casual. Come as you are.
- Our music is mostly traditional with a little contemporary.
- Handicap accessibility is on the west side of the building. An elevator is available to go to the lower level.
- Sunday morning worship begins at 9:30 a.m.
- Coffee and refreshments are available after the service in our fellowship hall on the lower level from Sept-May.
- Sunday school classes for ages 0-100+ begin at 10:45 a.m.
- High school youth group meets on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m.
- Family CONNECT activities occur the first week of every month Sept-April.
Rev. Jason Thornton
Senior Pastor since 2016, Pastor Jay and his wife, Dawn, and two sons enjoy living in Pella. Jay is a graduate of Central Baptist Seminary and is working towards a Doctorate of Ministry.
Rev. Kara Krohg
Associate Pastor since 2014, Pastor Kara and her husband, Christian, are active in the community with the FBC Youth Group and their small group. She is a graduate from Sioux Falls Seminary.
Administrative Assistant since 2015, Ann and her husband, Derek, have three children that keep her very busy! She has a bachelors degree from UW-Platteville in business.